Thursday, September 10, 2009

London Calling

Being unemployed means I have A LOT of spare time. Today I decided to go on a lonesome bike ride and ended up at a lovely coffee shop in S.E Portland. I sat down and ate a bagel and drank a cup of coffee and read both the Portland Mercury and Willamette Week all the way through. In WW I found an awesome coupon for Fred Meyer's and this is where I got my idea for dinner:


I made an open face grilled London broil sandwich with caramelized onions and melted provolone cheese on top of a grilled garlic and parsley baguette. With it I also made a mixed frisee, arugula and tomato salad with a very tasty (homemade) vinaigrette.

My L.P and I were very pleased with how it turned out, one for the books! Thank you Freddy Meyers for having such an awesome deal on London broil!

2 comments:

  1. Can I make a banner for you? Oh, I think it would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a banner? for my blog, or to hang proudly in front of my house?

    ReplyDelete